1989 DT115 two stroke - fuel line sizing

NCSU4x4

Cadet
Putting together an 89 DT115 2 stroke. It has clearly had poor maintenance in the past. I am fixing to run all new fuel line from the in deck tank and trying to find what size line Suzuki would have specified to feed this motor; 5/16" or 3/8". It has one on one side of the bulb and the other side does not match.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Putting together an 89 DT115 2 stroke. It has clearly had poor maintenance in the past. I am fixing to run all new fuel line from the in deck tank and trying to find what size line Suzuki would have specified to feed this motor; 5/16" or 3/8". It has one on one side of the bulb and the other side does not match.

⅜ would be my guess. My 125 Johnson and 115 Merc were plumbed as such.....90 Merc went with 5/16. Some fuel line parts are multiple use adapted meaning you just cut off the tips that are smaller than your requirements rather than just run the hose up over them thus preventing an unnecessary restriction in the like with the smaller diameter.

NCSU4x4

Cadet
Thanks for the input. The dealer I talked to was less than helpful. I just figure if I am doing this, do it once and do it right.

I decided today to look at the tank barb and see what it is. Surely the original up fit would size the barb to the line.