Help!! 2000 Yamaha 200 S200TXRY fuel mixture screw factory settings?

Tystik

Cadet
Carburetor Fuel/Air screw factory settings....Can anyone help with this? I can't find it anywhere. I read it might be under the cowling but its not on my motor. Thanks for any help!!

Last edited:

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
Are you sure about the model identity? There is no S200TXRY shown in any Yamaha USA parts catalogs.

Now if there is a model S200TXRY available then the fuel mixture screw setting will be found in the applicable service manual.

rejesterd

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Pretty sure you have a 1999. Get the service manual from yamahapubs.com, and it will tell you the factory settings. Usually it's 2-2.5 turns.

But practically, the factory setting is just a good starting point. The real way to know if it's right is to turn it all the way in, then turn it out until the idle starts to smooth out. Then note how many turns you've gone through to get to that point. Then keep turning it out and note when the idle starts to get rough again. Halfway between those two points is where you want to be.

Last edited:

Tystik

Cadet
It is probably one of the last carberated motors they made. From the serial number it says a 2000 but I always look for 1999 parts for it. I know I could buy the manual. just was trying to save a few dollars this round. Thanks for the info I will start there. it idles fine but when its under load it runs like crap and won't go over 10mph then wants to stall. then it will kick in and speed up and repeat.

Attachments

• photo312097.jpg
    photo312097.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 0

rejesterd

Petty Officer 2nd Class
So when you throttle up, I don't think the screw should even matter at that point. Could certainly be an issue with the carburetor though.. maybe clogged jets.