94 Yamaha 130 v4

Birdblaster

Recruit
My 130 died while out on the water, not a huge issue till I tried to restart it nothing zero no power at all not even tilt worked. Got it home and checked all the fuses good. Tracked it down to a grounding issue I believe. I ran a jumper from the negative battery post to the engine and boom everything works. So my issue is I cannot visually see any bad or burnt ground wires. I have checked all ignition in the remote all seem to test good.i did find a pair of ground wires bolted to the trim tilt solenoids, one them the larger tested good the smaller was a blank no idea where it goes to test it. If anyone has any ideas or where I should be looking would be great. I'm tempted to run a new ground straight off the battery just a tad bit nervous doing that. Hope somebody here can help out.
thanks

rejesterd

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello.

Did you check the relays as well as the fuses? I don't have the wiring diagrams for this engine, but there should be 4 of them.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
I would replace the positive and negative cables from battery to the motor.----Should solve the issue.----Then inspect the ground cable to see what happened to it.

Birdblaster

Recruit
So after going over the engine again tonight, I'm still a tad lost on where this smaller ground wire goes. I need a wiring diagram that I can actually read. The wire I'm referencing is maybe 12ga and it runs down into a harness or lots of electrical tape. I'm sure that I'm not the first this has happened to. I will replace the battery cablesprior to that I need to find the other end of this wire. I will try to get a couple pictures of it to help ID it tomorrow. Anyhow thanks for the suggestions so far. I do not see any relays for this motor, I believe the solenoids take place of relays?

rejesterd

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The relays should be shown on any parts diagram for the electrical system.

https://www.yamahaonlineparts.com/o...c83791/8d2ed329-e750-4e74-ac8d-f76774f3d689/y

On a second look, there's actually only 3. The starter relay, and 2 others that aren't specifically named. I will guess one is the main relay and another is the power trim & tilt relay. Remove one at a time and try to trim the engine up & down. Then you'll know which is which. When you determine which one is the main relay, remove it and determine which connection points are receiving 12V. Then you join those connections with a jumper wire. Any hardware store should have the same size connection tabs as the relay does.. you just hook those up to the jumper wire and close the circuit. If it still doesn't start then, I would go back down the wiring rabbit hole.