2004 Yamaha F150

Crappiesnapper

Recruit
I turn the key and nothing.Can here fuel boat come on.All other things on boat work,tilt & trim,gauges,lights etc. Can jump it off by the brown wire coming off the starter relay with jumper cables ,fires right up.I have changed the starter relay,checked and put jumper wire on neutral switch on motor.Have new battery.Have disconnected Perko switch and wire straight to battery.Turn key nothing.Any help with would be much appreciated.Thinking about change ignition switch next.

robert graham

Admiral
Maybe check for corrosion on inside of main battery cables....may have enough copper left to run everything except starter

wrench 3

Commander
You need to get a test light and start running down the system when the key is turned to start and find out were you're loosing the juice. Usually the starter solenoid is the easiest place to start. Its more accessible than the key switch.
Check on the stud with the wire from the battery and the one with the wire from the key with the light grounded to the engine block. If they are both lit up you've eliminated problems with the battery and the key switch. If there's a light at the other small terminal, then there is a problem with the safety switch circuit. If there's no light on the other large terminal, then the solenoid is bad.
I'll stop at this point and wait to see what you find.
Before it gets to confusing.:)

Crappiesnapper

Recruit
Found problem,the brown wires for neutral safety switch had two splice connections on them going to ignition switch.The splice connectors had corrosion on them.Cleaned them off and motor fired right up.I cut those connectors out and butt spliced them with shrink wrap connectors.Guess the corrosion wasnt making the circuit for the neutral safety switch and when u turn the key it did nothing.Thanks for comments and help with this issue.