Suzuki DT85 Almost There

andrew j cox

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ok so flywheel came of with a foot long crow bar with a rather large mechanic hanging from it while another bashed the flywheel, in the end it gave up and come off, so we changed out the stator, trigger, cd unit, the spark reappeared but not on all three cyls, one coil we replaced is dead to the world, another was shorting so you copped a charge if you tryed to pull the end off, only one cylinder will stall the engine with a lead removed, so the compression on all 3 is identicle no variation at 130 psi, the coil thats shorting obviously works I have changed the end over after trimming the lead a little due to a crack, so im guessing one coil is deffo dead as bat ****, he has ordered two used coils which are coming ex USA,
in case I change the coils out and its still running on one cyl, other causes could be?
Work Done
Stator.
Flywheel Replaced.
Trigger.
CDI Box.
Plugs.
Crankshaft upper seal.
Carbs.
Fuel Pump.
All Fuel Fittings.
Water Pump.
Gearbox Oil.
One Tilt Solenoid.

There is bugger all else to change, the spares engine is completely bare arsed now. After running the lower leg is filthy with unburnt oil, I mean looks like its been dipped in sump oil.