2018 Suzuki DF300 Aux charging,batt switch, and separate House/starting batteries

zarillus

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hope you guys can help.I am a little confused as to how to re-wire my boat...

Now is where i get a little lost...

A little background:

I repowered last year moving away from the old Mercury 225 efi that was on my 2003 Proline 25 Sport Center Console.

* It currently has two batteries with Perko switch Off | 1| 2 |All
* It does not have separate batteries designated House/Starting, you basically just flip the switch to run off either battery or both.If I was to change the wiring in the boat to a designated House/Starting battery configuration how is this done? Would I need a different switch and run all the house leads to a buss bar or fuse panel for the House side and the only thing connected to the starting batt is maybe a bilge pump?

* I want to utilize the Aux charging lead as well with the new motor to charge my House Battery.Is this just wired to the positive of the House Battery?

All I am trying to do is separate the two batteries so i can have a dedicated House & Starting Battery but also utilize the Aux charging lead to keep the House Batt topped off.

I'm not looking for a diagram just yet :) just need some information on how all this plays nice together.