Yamaha F25 Solenoid Buzzing

Jimma2

Recruit
Hello, I have a 2005 Yamaha F25 outboard, it recently developed an intermittent starting issue. The motor starts fine on initial start up, but after running for a while and being shut down the motor will not restart. The solenoid buzzes and the Tilt/Trim works slowly or not at all. Let the motor sit for a while and it will normally restart. The starter and PTT relay were replaced less than two years ago. The solenoid about six months ago because this occurred with the old solenoid, problem went away with the new solenoid until now. Battery test out ok and all connections are clean and tight. Any suggestions would be greatly apppreciated.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard.

A "buzzing" solenoid is an indication of low voltage or weak ground to energize the solenoid. Same with the slow TnT.

Time to check and clean all the connections not just at the battery. Hook a meter up to the solenoid and see what voltage is coming from the starter switch when it fails. Something tells me that a connector or connection is causing a high resistance when warm.

Jimma2

Recruit
Thank you for the information I will look at the other end of the ground wire and other wires to see if the wiring may be lose or corroded.