Yamaha 2000 115hp v4 6 trim tilt not working after change of seals

kyong1

Seaman Apprentice
Changed all cylinder seals after a problem with lowering tilt and now I only hear the motor running. Numerous times I have bleed assembly and taken the cylinders apart. I t seems there is no pressure. I have tried troubleshooting as well checking relays and motor Appreciate any input..Thanks

wrench 3

Commander
Check the drive pin between the trim motor and the pump. If that's OK disassemble and clean the pump and the valves. If you find any crud in there, clean out the entire system.

kyong1

Seaman Apprentice
Thanks a great deal i had that in mine when one of the motor mount bolt stripped and had to put vise grip to remove. I'm about to disassemble the trim assembly for better handling. I would hope that do the trick. Thank again ill be back.....

kyong1

Seaman Apprentice
Managed to remove motor today and check ed the drive pin and it's ok. Now to disassemble and clean became an issue because of the 4m bolts. Very tight and 3out of 4 good. Stop there and clean and removed all ATF and went with walmart trim tilt oil. Tested connecting to batteries and it raising a little better.I've stop there till tomorrow.rain

wrench 3

Commander
If you give the bolts a good rap on the head with hammer it quite often helps loosen them.

kyong1

Seaman Apprentice
Thanks got the ring changed out on release manual drive and ram clean what some.I'v put all back and added oil, check before reassemble with o battery and cylinder response was good. After 5x it is working fine except don't let it all the up pass the catch because it will lock and have to use manual release to let down unlock. Thanks again

kyong1

Seaman Apprentice
Oh! One final question would you mix the atf fluid reddish with the clear trim tilt oil or would it hurt anything?