2016 suzuki df20a manual start tiller exhaust problems

mtnbowhunter

Recruit
df20a with approx. 200 hrs of mostly salt water usage
after storing for 2 months I started my motor up and am now getting a lot of exhaust noise coming thru the upper ex port with now ex. going thru the hub until just below where the in neutral rev limiter kicks in.
at a fast troll of APPROX.. 1/3 throttle it sounds like an old lawn mower with a bad muffler and will get a VERY SLIGHT exhaust crackle/backfire/pop noise from the upper port a little bit like on an old hot rod!
if I plug the upper ex. with my finger at idle/low engine speeds the ex. will start going thru the hub. there is always quite a lot of ex noise coming thru the upper port at all speeds but of course it is less noticible when traveling faster
I have put about 8 hrs at all speeds on it and it has not changed. no check engine lights,etc have come on and there is NO water in the engine oil
what I have done so far:
-removed lower leg and checked for blockages and the impellar, all ok
-removed and checked thermostat as per shop manual and all okay
-did find a split in the water supply hose that goes from the leg to the fuel cooling block and repaired that
- inspected as many ex. passages as I could easily get to
-good flow thru pisor/water indicator
-very little if any water coming out the upper ex port

when stored the engine could have had wasps/ spiders crawl up the upper ex port but I never noticed any and u would think they swould have blown out by now

the engine was stored out of water on my inflatable with the engine tilted slightly up in the first engine up lock position and was exposed for VERY short periods of time to SLIGHTLY below feezing mild frost conditions which has never been an issue before

Anyway Gang, I am in Baja, mexico for the winter and a long way from a suzki marine dealer and really NEED YOUR HELP on what the problem is and how to fix it!!!! I have no ph/internet here so will check this forum every 2 days or so!
Thanks

raczekp1

Lieutenant
can you post some movie throught you tube?

whats the engine oil level

mtnbowhunter

Recruit
no I can not post any videos/ all; flyid levels are okay with no water in them
all exhaust passages appear open as well as water passages
if I restrict the upper exhaust port from 1/2 in. diameter down to 3/16 in. everything seems to be like it should be as far as noise and trhu hub exhaust flow
must be something wrong from the upper exhaust port casting upwards

lakensea

Chief Petty Officer
Assuming it's still under warranty, why not just bring it back to your selling dealer and have them check it out?