Can not start suzuki df6 2014

kuralex

Recruit
Hi guys, I have the Suzuki df6 2014 outboard motor. Last time When I was on water, the water stops coming out and engine shut down. Seems like the motor was overheating. Before shut down it was working less than 1 minute. Now I can't start motor. I checked the spark. I replaced spark plug, ignition unit, cleaned carburetor. No luck. Could you advice what to check next?

Thanks,
Alex

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Hi
if it turns over by hand ok, I would be doing a compression test before anything else. Good luck

kuralex

Recruit
Yes, Thanks. I was thinking about compression test as well. But when I am pulling, I feel good tension. The motor is trying to start, but seems like the problem is earlier ignition because when I pull recoil starter It snaps back. Weird. As I know this motor does not have adjustment ignition.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Ok. Maybe still worth a compression test. The tension might be bad news and perhaps caused by damage internally. A damaged piston and rings scraping on the cylinder would cause tension. Maybe a bit drastic, but be good just to rule out the worst.

kuralex

Recruit
Seems like I found the problem. The valve push rod goes out from guide. As a result, the exhaust valve was closed constantly and motor could not start. From my perspective it’s design flaw of Suzuki.

Attachments

• photo304646.jpg
    photo304646.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6

kuralex

Recruit
Hi guys, Maybe you have manual for valve clearance adjustment. Thanks, Alex

Mohawkmtrs

Chief Petty Officer
You say the engine overheated and seized and it's a DESIGN flaw?!!

Valve Lash (TDC Compression Stroke):

IN: 0.13 - 0.17 mm (0.005 - 0.007 in.)
EX: 0.13 - 0.17 mm (0.005 - 0.007 in.)