Sneezing Suzy Still Sneezing

andrew j cox

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Before i burn the boat and engine lets have one more go at trying to solve her problem,
1986 Suzi DT 85 non VRO,
Sat for two seasons though I believe it was longer previous owner was a chronic masturbator.
Engine stunk of stale fuel, first job was pull the carbs and open them up, usual surprises gel, varnish, masses of green verdigras on the main jet, cleaned them out, refitted, drained fuel tank which had water in it, cleaned out with metho let it air dry for a week, new fuel , started her up , sneezing like mad, found one dead coil so fitted new one, made no differance, checked other two coils they are fine, so pulled carbys again this time went right through them again few more bits of rubbish one partially blockedmain jet, refitted, ran great for ten seconds then started sneezing again, i stuck my palm over top carb no differance, stuck palm over middle carb it sucked my palm in and wanted to stall, so i guess shes sucking air in the top carb as i sprayed with carby cleaner she sped up, could be warped carby base or throttle shaft excessive play?
compression good in the motor, its got to fuel related, if its sucking air that will throw the air / fuel mixture out? I set all three screws at 1.5 turns.
what might I be missing, this is a young fellas first boat, he got stung, im trying to get it going, he just wants to go fishing, its driving me to drink lol

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
If it’s a diaphragm pump on carb, maybe that’s the issue. Have a look maybe. Might be perished or pin holed.
Good dose of Seafoam never went wrong either. Amazing stuff.

andrew j cox

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Check this out for wierd ****, yesty i got the running good turns out base gaskets were stuffed, today i wanted to just fine tune things, started the motor it shut up to maybe 4 grand rpm we couldnt shut it off via key had to pop fuel line, went to restart, nothing not a friggin fart or burp, checked spark and its gone wtf? This badtard thing is possessed or its got a gremlin, now there is linkage of accel linkage that goes to possibly the trigger under the flywheel, i can see a notch on the adjuster bolt and a notch above these notches are lined up, when you shift into reverse this linkage moves about 5 mm but the carb linkage doesnt, when you put it in nuetral the bolt doesnt go back to rest on the stop but touch it lightly and you can push it back, the control cables have been mucked with the adjustable metal bracket that secures the cables has been cut n messed with allowing the throttle cable to move back n forth a good 8 mm i wrapped a cable tie around it and the movements gone, for all intensive purposes it should run good, i dont have a manual, cant even find a bloody wiring diagram on line or a free on line manual so i can check the adjustments on everything, this motor officially sucks balls.

Tassie 1

Chief Petty Officer
Ebay.
CD manuals for $7-8
or hard copy for $60 odd.

or just take the thing to the tip for $6.

No, hang on...it's scrap metal...it's free

tell the kid you broke it and by doing so saved him from the humiliation of breaking down the first time he takes it out

andrew j cox

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Its something simple i know it i just cant find it, its driving me insane, im sure its evil, lucky inhave a spares motor, ill change the cd box , wish id never seen this pile of budgie poo