Flushing using built in adapter hose

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
I assume when using the flush adapter at the cowl the block gets flushed as well as the lower.I questioned if I should get another adapter and flush where the adapter unscrews from???

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
I assume when using the flush adapter at the cowl the block gets flushed as well as the lower.I questioned if I should get another adapter and flush where the adapter unscrews from???

might want to explain that better

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
My question is will the flush hose fitting at the cowl do an entire flush from head to lower ??? seems the water should be run through both fittings after then flush fitting in unscrewed from motor to connect water source.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
A correct fresh water flushing with whichever flushing port is used must be performed with engine ON, if not the powerhead will not be fully flushed as the thermo will remain at closed position..

Happy Boating

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Don't know about Yammie, but the flush port on the Evinrude does the entire motor as long as you supply the required 30-40 PSI at the flush port to push the Stats open..

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Don't know about Yammie, but the flush port on the Evinrude does the entire motor as long as you supply the required 30-40 PSI at the flush port to push the Stats open..

The issue is, does everyone counts with 30-40 PSI of water pressure at their facility ? Preffer to flush at a much less PSI while engine is ON for at least 5 minutes soon after returning from boating specially in salt water.

Happy Boating

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
I wonder about pushing the stat open, due to the small diameter of the hose going to the powerhead from the flush adapter and the large amount of volume of water that normally flow into and out of the motor.
and the fact that alll of the water going in does not flow thru the stats.
I would not think it could build up any pressure to push the stats open

Last edited: