1985 Suzi DT85 Problem Child

andrew j cox

Petty Officer 2nd Class
ive been working on the 85 DT85 for a while on and off for the want of a better word its a great big pile of steaming dog crap lol its actually a reasonable donk just giving me grief, not knowing much about Suzis were sliwly becoming friends, i just did the water pump on it today, fired it up, sneezing here and there went to turn it off, nothing kept on running had to choke it to stall it out, previous boat owner was electrically challenged twitched wires everywhere, few wires not connected, where the wiring harness comes through the lower cowl is a black wire its bared looks like it was twitched to something could this be the ground wire to shut it off? I cant see where it might go im going to pop the cover of the junction box where the coil wires join the harness and see if theres something there.

this lean sneezing most likely mixture screws need fiddling with?
the tilt is giving me endless issues, i replaced one badly corroded solenoid and all seemed well, depending on its mood one day it will go up next day it wont go down, located a couple more twitched wires and the rubber connecter on left side with the three heavy wires was bit shoddy, the switch on the control lever seems to be dead, i can jump the soleniods and it goes up n down like a champ perhaps the switch was on the way out and has finally shagged out, do these give trouble?

To fit a tacho where does one find the pulse wire.
This Suzi is one of the white ones I can not find the pisser outlet, anyideas where to look?