Suzuki DT30 2012 Engine Rebuild

Segal_ZA

Cadet
Hey all,
I am looking for some advice please.
I live in South Africa and have very limited access to sealants and products.

I have a Suzuki DT30 2012 2 Stroke that I am rebuilding. This outboard sunk in salt water and the previous owner never flushed it. I have had the crank rebuilt and have bought new seals, gaskets and cleaned and preped all the parts.

There is some pitting on some surfaces but not anything major.
I have almost no choice for sealants here in South Africa but can get the following.

RTV- Told to never use it on these motors
Hylomar Universal Blue
Shallac

I am looking to find out if I can
1) Use Hylomar on the crankcase halves
2) Do I use Hylomar on the water jacket gasket. This gasket is blue in colour and looks different from the other gaskets
3) The head gasket does not mention "No Sealant" so what must I use here.
4) Do I use any product around the oil seals

If there is no other option then I can import some Loctite 518 and Permatex Aviation but it will take over a month and thats if I gets through the SA Customers which is known for loosing everything.

The other issue I have is that I cannot find a service manual for this motor. I can only find for prior to 2008. Does anyone have any advice on torque specs all way round or the service manual. My local Suzuki dealership couldnt help.

Thanks so much
Dani

racerone

Supreme Mariner
The crankcase joint is a precision joint.------It is a metal to metal joint.-----That ensures proper clamp up of the bearings.-----Most if not all the sealer should squeeze out !------Test the sealer before final assembly.-----I have observed sealer on " rebuilt " motors that was 0.008" thick instead of less than 0.001 " thick.-----Those rebuilds did not last very long.