1982 DT85 Suzi Water Issues

andrew j cox

Petty Officer 2nd Class
had a boat come in DT85 not pumping water, he bought the spare engine he had with boat, previous owner had fitted the spare motors gearbox to this boat, this fella was really clever not, dumb **** if ever there was one, can someone tell me where the pisser outlet is? I put the hose on it fired it up no pisser stream, popped the thermostat, doesnt have a rhermostat, no water coming up out the thermostat hole, im hoping the water tube in the leg was missed, or its got the blockages from hell inside.
Also she wont turn off at the key, the key switch looks pretty flimsy do these clap out

Tassie 1

Chief Petty Officer
Isn't it on the right hand side of the motor?
so you can see it from the helm,

Tell the bloke to stop wasting money on it and get a newer model,

those year suzi donks had corrosion issues, threads would strip if ya just looked at them,

throwing good money after bad imho

andrew j cox

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Its a young blokes first boat a 350 buck screamer, screamer being the operative word im trying to get it going for him, the wiring is a nightmare inso tape everywhere, twitched joins, the power tilt would go up but not down sorted that just a bung solenoid, ive looked for the tell tale unless going blind in my old age, ill drop the leg tomorrow i got a feeling the pump is ok i think its a corrosion issue inside