CDI Transposed Ohm Values for Yamaha 90 TLRY (Year 2000)

Khaos13

Recruit
I called CDI today after my new stator arrived. The first thing I did was check ohms on the new one. This was the first time I had a known, good stator to check.They were nearly identical to the old one! I called CDI out of desperation before I installed the new stator. They admitted that they knew the numbers were reversed and had a "note" to correct the problem. Now I'm back to square 1 (minus 430 bucks!). Old stator appears good but I did order a peak voltage/DVA adapter. More testing. Still no spark.
Thanks for any advice.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
the man over board kill switch grounds out the output of the CDI when pulled.
If the charge coil out put to the CDI is in spec but not the output of CDI, make sure the pluser coil input is in spec as that is what tells the CDI to fire the plugs.

as the service manual says if all inputs to CDI is in spec, then possible bad CDI if the CDI does not send good output to plugs

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
Yamaha does not specify an ohms check for the charge coil. I am presuming that we are talking about the charge coil portion of the stator. Ohms could be in spec but if the charge coil has a ground fault then there will be an incorrect output. SM calls for measuring peak voltage at several RPM's.