suzuki df90 water ingestion

dcdunbar

Cadet
SO a friend used my boat about a month ago and didnt and not somehow I have water in my vapor separator(VST?) which killed my fuel pump. Of course the engine is under warrenty but bad fuel is not covered so I am now dealing with a 1000 repair bill. I pulled the VST replaced the pump and got the engine running but it is still running rough. I also checked all the injectors and they seem to be fine. So... what else could be the issue? Can it be the the fuel regulator? Do these go bad if there was water in there? i can buy the 600 VST if I have to but want to make sure it fixes the problem.

THanks SO much for any replies..

Dave

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
If you got water in the VST you have water in the tank.
the whole fuel system needs to be drained, cleaned,& flushed.
All new fuel added with old disposed of
Just draining the tank does not remove all of the water

tommarvin

Ensign
Like 99yam40 said you have alot of water to make it to the vst. Kind of a red flag.
Who said you have water in your vst and it killed your fuel pump? I dont think water would kill your fuel pump im not sure.Red flag somethings not right here.
Then you change the high pressure fuel pump and the motor still run bad, A Red Red flag.
How did you check all the injectors, did you clean them like all the you tube videos,do they all spray?
The issue is you need a fuel/water seperator, between the tank and the on motor fuel filter/.
I dought its the fuel regulator its a brand new yamaha motor.
Dont buy the 600vst until you have done all of the above.and sure,last resort, it wont fix this,