A Curly One Yam 25

andrew j cox

Petty Officer 2nd Class
So I gets another yam in for a look see, says it will start on the muffs and run no probs, stick boat in water you can pull till your arm falls off it won’t kick, excluding silly electrical issues, it’s gonna be compression related likely? Poor old muggins here has to do battle with another 4 stroke , it’s a early 2000s 25 4 stroke, so over to the gurus throw your thoughts at me

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
It would certainly save everyone a lot of time if you actually did some diagnosis before asking "my engine won't start, what's wrong?" 1) good fuel? 2) good plugs? 3) good spark? 4) good compression, 5) ignition timing good? In other words, what have you done so far? There is a logical progression to starting issues. Without any data the only thing we can do is ask you "did you do this?" You answer back and the process repeats.

andrew j cox

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Nope got=spark, impellor is stuffed, naturally garden hose has pressure so dont matter if impellor shot, so it started ran for 5 mins in the lake then stopped, see if im right here engine runs hot, water pressure switch tripping the cdi