Yammy timing

andrew j cox

Petty Officer 2nd Class
hey Guys, I just did the head on a yammy 50 4 stroke it’s an 02 f50, with the timing and I don’t want to yank the flywheel off I have set the top pulley up with arrow on block, both rockers on number one are slack, the flywheel side the timing marker is sitting on T I assume TDC, there are numbers on the timing tape to the right of the T 30,35 some other notches, where do I set it and when the timing connected what mark am I lining it up with, just need to check the carbs and change the plugs, with some it will run

rejesterd

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Only turn the flywheel magnet clockwise. Align the '1' mark on the driven sprocket with the triangle hash mark on the cylinder head. Then just check that the circle hash mark on the drive sprocket is aligned with the triangle hash mark on the crankcase. I'm pretty sure you need to remove the flywheel magnet to see that though. Those are the only 2 alignments that the service manual talks about.

andrew j cox

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have the top end set correctly as you stated, I’m not tugging the flywheel off that a sucky job, I never moved the crank at all my original pen marks line up so I’m going to lean on god ask him for a clean start up lol