Yammy 4 stroke 50 F50 02 model Timing

andrew j cox

Petty Officer 2nd Class
hey Guys, I just did the head on a yammy 50 4 stroke it’s an 02 f50, with the timing and I don’t want to yank the flywheel off I have set the top pulley up with arrow on block, both rockers on number one are slack, the flywheel side the timing marker is sitting on T I assume TDC, there are numbers on the timing tape to the right of the T 30,35 some other notches, where do I set it and when the timing connected what mark am I lining it up with, just need to check the carbs and change the plugs, with some it will run

tommarvin

Ensign
What was wrong with the head?for you to remove it?
Time to get the Yahama manual.
Just clean the carbs, please dont but new plugs its not that easy and never fixes any problems, clean them and test them with a multi meter like you tube .

andrew j cox

Petty Officer 2nd Class
She threw the head gasket due to running hot due to not being flushed properly jammed all the water passages up, the spark plugs are filthy been in there for years, that bottom one is a bugger to get I had to cut a tube socket in half just to get it on the plug, I’ll do the compression now it’s back together if that’s 120 psi or more I’ll be happy, plonk it on the boat n run it up, all things being equal should go like the clappers, if I never see another yammy four stroke it will be too soon