2010 Yamaha 250hp digital control

Marsman1992

Recruit
Hi, a buddy and I were going fishing off the west coast of BC for sockeye salmon and ran into an issue. Motor is on a 2425 kingfisher with digital controls. Boat was stored properly over the winter and this is the 1st run. So we dropped it in and it started fine. We headed out and my buddy went to throttle up and it seems like it was in dock mode but I don’t think so. He ended up shutting off the motor and tried to restart and nothing. We ended up going back on the kicker to the launch. Once we pulled it out we noticed it is stuck in gear and will not shift out this not start. We we are checking the batteries and looking for corrosion and cleaning. Motor is serial is 6CG X 1000065D. Any suggestions as it seems the controller has lost connection with the motor.
Thanks. Rob

Marsman1992

Recruit
Got it. Between my buddy who is a mechanic and my computer skills solved the issue. First off we pulled all 3 batteries and had them tested and are good. I noticed the ground plate had corrotted connections with no grease. I took them all off and sanded them and installed properly. Cleaned all connection up and then had to reset the contoller through the tach. My buddy found out on the net how to reset the maintenance hrs and then I reset the motor as if installing a new motor. It pulled the info from the ECM off the motor. Let it sit for a couple minutes and done everything started to work. Wow. Now that was a challenge.