Yamalube ring free additive??

xltier

Chief Petty Officer
Is there something to this stuff.it is very expensive if so.i am not sure exactly what it does.does anyone use this??

robert graham

Admiral
I've used it for many years....especially in 2 stroke motors...and at normal dosage levels it's a lot cheaper than carbon-stuck piston rings...It's a good product....

Doh

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Never touched it, or even heard of it before last year. My 130 V4 2 stroke Yamaha had over 2000 hours (1850 of them with the oil pump turned up). Still has over 135 lbs on all 4 cylinders. (the boy checked before buying it from me last year)

Running any TCW3 oil that was on Sale (Nautica, Formula,)

Last edited:

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
CRC Engine Tune-Up, OMC Engine Tuner and many other brands decarbonizer products will do an excellent work if sprayed through carb each 100 worked hours, follow can instructions to the letter. Engine will idle and run much smoother than before guaranteed..

Happy Boating

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Ring free is similar to OMC/BRP Carbon Guard, You add an ounce or two to about 20 gallons. Just another detergent to reduce carbon build up behind the rings

bbakernbay

Seaman Apprentice
I have been using it faithfully for the past 2 seasons with the mistaken impression that it may help clean my Idle Speed Control or Idle Air Control Valve (ISC or IAC) but I see from rodbolt and other’s posts that only air passes through the ISC/IAC so obviously no impact on my sticking ISC. It is expensive, here in Canada about $40 Cdn for a box of 12.