2015 Yamaha 150's Over Temp Alarm (both engines)

c6mcfall

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Little background, both engines have less than 120 hrs on them now. I had the 100 hr service done @ 100 hrs, I do flush the motors after every use. Took the boat to the key's for a week and the 1st day out on the way in I get an over temp alarm on Engine 2, so I immediately shut down both engines.. Start back up and see that both are not anywhere near overtemp, see a good stream from the tell tail and slowly proceed on and no issues for the rest of the day. Next day, run out and fish without issue, storms are rolling in so I run out to the gulf side and around (20+ min run) still no issues until I slow down to come in Vaca Cut and this time it's Engine 1.. Shut down, look, start back up and don't see any signs of over temp.. Then I remember I can see the Alerts on my Garmin.

So here they are, and as you can see the time of the over temp they're @ less than 140 degree's. I did have a 3rd over temp, back to Engine 1 this time it was @ 140 degrees. There was so much sea grass floating around I am thinking it must have been the culprit but I am extremely uncomfortable with just chalking it up to that.

Also, thinking do I do an oil change and impeller change on both engines now or ??

Attachments

• IMG_6135.JPG
    IMG_6135.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6134.JPG
    IMG_6134.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0