Suzuki df90 crank but won’t start

Snipesvi

Cadet
Bought a 2006 skiff with a very clean Suzuki 2005 df90. The seller had a documented yearly service record. We took the boat out 5 Saturday’s all day with no problems. After that did some general maintenance items. Changed 4 anodes, gear oil, fuel filter, oil and filter, sparks plugs, and greased the fittings. Next trip out engine ran great for 5hrs. As we approached a beach I noticed it stall twice like it was running out of gas. I shut the engine off and we stayed at the beach a couple hrs. Went to start the engine back up and it turned over fired then died immediately several times. Now I have a code 4-2 showing. 4-2 in the df90 repair manual mentions the ecm, connections, or the ckp sensor. I replaced the ckp sensor to no avail. This is also when I noticed that the high pressure pump is not running. With the 4-2 code showing though I don’t know if I should continue looking into the ckp and ecm or if I should go straight to a new fuel pump. In the wiring diagram it looks like the B/W wire that goes from the ecm to the fuel pump eventually makes it way directly to the ckp. Which makes me think it is the ckp? Is there a reset other then disconnecting the ecm to clear the code once the new ckp is put on? Will the relay resistance test show that the engine is bad or that the relay is bad? So far I’ve tried the new ckp, check the resistance which was 225 and in range and checked the fuel pump for its 3 second run and for 12v both of which can up negative. It only had 6 volts. Thanks

Snipesvi

Cadet
short version- 2005 Suzuki df90 flashing code 4-2. Fuel pump not running. Changed ckp but it still won’t start. Would you go ecm failure or high pressure pump failure? Any other ideas? Problem started out of nowhere.

Snipesvi

Cadet
Well the code for ckp is the one of the three 4-2 code problems. I guess it was wishful thinking that it would be that easy. I have tested the ckp resistance and it’s good. I tested the fuel pump and only getting 6v but still could be the ecm. I’m posting on here to avoid throwing parts at it. Not sure where to go next.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
I know very little about Suzuki motors, but most people will get their hands on a service manual for the motor they are working on.
they give procedures and specs also tell what test equipment to use