Replace fuel line in rigging hose?

fireship1

Chief Petty Officer
Hello all,

have been doing maintenance on my 1994 Yamaha 150. Started replacing all of the fuel lines from the tank to the engine with new A1 EPA hose. None of my hoses were falling apart, aside from the fact they are from 1994. The hose in the rigging tube is a bit of a mystery. It's a silver/grey hose with a red stripe that was likely rigged when the boat was new. Was thinking about fishing in a new A1 hose and connecting it to the Yamaha fuel filter on the engine. I have heard lots of things from others such as, it will kink if you don't use the exact hose Yam used or it will be impossible to replace without making a mess if the rigging. I've even been told if it looks ok with no permiation to just leave it alone. Not sure what to do next. Anyone run into this and come up with a solution? Thanks!

fireship1

Chief Petty Officer
Anyone? Would like to change that fuel hose in the rigging tube, but don't want to use the wrong hose or cause a bigger problem. The hose seems to be in good shape, but it's from 1994 and nothing lasts forever. Was going to use the same sized hose in a A1 designation and fish it in the same place by using the old hose as a pull through, then connect it to the filter under the cowl. Does anyone who may have already done this job forsee any problem with me doing it this way? Or should it be done with different hose or even left alone if it's not cracked or leaking?