Yamaha SX200TXD Impeller

Millerte20

Recruit
I have a 2005 Yamaha 200 Saltwater series outboard SX200TXD. I changed out the impeller and I was able to get the retainer ring off that sits on top of the three rings and impeller. When putting the impeller together I did not receive a new retainer ring. Do i need the retainer ring since i put on the rings and the rounder metal caps sit on top?

Any help i would greatly appricate since this is my first time changing an impeller.

Thank you Eugene

fireship1

Chief Petty Officer
You need to put the three washers (the wave washer goes in the middle of the two flat washers) then the white plastic spacer, then the stainless steel cap. Pull up on the shaft when pressing down the plastic spacer and the stainless cap. The whole assembly above the impeller acts as a shim to take up backlash in the shaft so you don't hear noise at idle and low speeds. If the plastic spacer and stainless collar are in good shape and not cracked or deformed you can reuse them. Otherwise those two parts are less then 20.00 at any Yamaha dealer. Just did this job myself a few weeks back.