Engine bogging

Goffdayne

Recruit
Having trouble with my 225 2 stroke Yamaha, it's fuel injected. Bogging down when I try to give it some juice, rough idle, just had the injectors cleaned and changed all filters. Surges a couple hundred rpms from time to time when I get it on plane... any help would be great thanks!!

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
GA_Boater may be ga boater can move this to be better in the Yami section.

year? Model? Compression tested?

fuel pressure? Changed plugs?

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
monitor fuel rail pressure to make sure it stays in spec when problem shows up

Goffdayne

Recruit
So I'm kinda scratching my head, think I may have a prop issue, but now the motor basically wont go anywhere trimmed down but idles perfect...but I can trim the motor almost all the way up, the bow raises up but it goes, then trim the motor back down as I give it juice to get it on a plane... kind of thinking spun hub from what I've been reading? Wrong prop maybe?

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
bogging down under load and surging is way different than spun hub.
when you spin a hub the RPMs go way up but the boat does not move

if you do not have the proper fuel pressure the ECU and injectors cannot inject the proper amount of fuel

Goffdayne

Recruit
Makes sense, but why would it have power when I trim the motor up? Like I said, once I get on a plane seems to run fine.... took it out the other day and the surging almost went away... did it a few times

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Sucking air is one thought and then water or trash moving around when tilted.

if you can not test things take it to a shop that can test and troubleshoot

Goffdayne

Recruit
I've done everything I can think of fuel related... of course every shop is a couple weeks before they can look at it... may have to bite the bullet and wait