Engine starts but dies right after and alarm buzzed until key is turned off.

Tom93

Recruit
Hello!

i have a yamaha 2009 F90txr and yesterday I was running across the lake just fine when the motor slowly powered down and killed itself and the buzzer on my dash started going off. Tried restarting and it would run for a second and shut down with the buzzer still going until the key was turned off. I have had a similar issue before but it was due to lake water in the gas and the buzzer never went off when that happened. Battery seems to been charged enough to start the motor and run nav lights so I’m left scratching my head. Really want to try and fix it myself as I just got a brand new lower unit and don’t want to spend money on the shop again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom93

Recruit
It seems to be holding pressure. But I don’t have any gauges to full test it and get a exact pressure reading.

Tom93

Recruit
Update*

i just went out to check all the grounds and things like that and tried turning it on. Must not have noticed yesterday but the buzzer comes on about 3 seconds after you turn the key to accessory and doesn’t stop until key is turned off. So the motor doesn’t need to be doing anything for the warning to sound but I have no clue what the warning is for..... I’m not a mechanic at all but I feel this is something easy I just can’t see it