1994 Yamaha115 2 Stroke Bogs down when throttled up.

kbmsound

Seaman
Hey all. I have a 1994 Yam 115 2 stroke C115TLRX is what I believe to be the code, its a bit faded. Anyways, I replaced throttle and **** cables which were rusted thru and thru. Took carbs apart, and seemed to be pretty clean, sprayed carb cleaner, and then ran seafoam through the engine for about 20-30 mins in 15 mins intervals. The motor runs great at idle and low speed, but throttle up and wants to go but bogs down, then I hit the choke, and it takes off for a bit and then back to bogging down. Primer bulb is nice and flexible and seems to hold pressure, I put a new fuel quick connect since the old was leaking. Has new fuel in tank, compression is around 115-120 in all cylinders. I took the fuel pump apart and seems to be ok, didn't see any broken pieces, and is not leaking when i prime the bulb. At this point I am just thinking about doing a carb rebuild just in case, and get a new fuel pump just in case as well. Any ideas/suggestions?? Thanks.

robert graham

Admiral
Sounds like plugged carb jets....not enough fuel passing through....when you pump primer it overcomes momentarily the lack of fuel flowing....those jets are real small and must be carefully cleaned.