DT 9.9 stalls in gear

rdhj

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Still working on my suzuki...got a new CDI/ignition unit installed, but still having issues. It starts fine and runs at idle. yet when i put it in gear i have to use the idle screw to make it run much higher reps then is supposed to be at in order to keep it running. Sounds like its not getting has when you lower the idle to where it should be. The carb has been cleaned numerous times, but was never soaked. any ideas on what I can check? Timing should be correct as far as i can tell using the repair manual.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
If all is good, carb could be out of correct air/fuel mixture adjustment along working with low idle/ralenti rpm. Does OB has an installed induction tach to know idle revs are low, if so, how low ? How does the OB works say at middle or wot, runs good, hesitates, misses ?

Happy Boating

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
probably would be good to use a timing light to check/make sure the timing is correct not just guess.
then look at fuel pump and carb if the cylinders have good compression and good spark at all plugs

rdhj

Petty Officer 2nd Class
the fuel pump is brand new....it will run for about 5 seconds and then start cutting out once you stop giving it gas. has anyone ever timed one of these ? The manual shows a diagram where a throttle cam mark should line up with the middle line of 4 lines on the stator mark..However, i only see on line on the throttle cam which lines up with the carb. part.it also mentions a throttle cam stop screw which mine does to have. The test procedure it gives is a static timing adjustment it does give a dynamic testing procedure,but i don't have a timing light yet. I have one of those little digital tags connected to the top cylinder spark wire. it will doe on me even at 800 RPMs the manual says it should be at 600 -650 RPMS