Fuel starvation problem with my Suzuki DF140

Zcaptain

Recruit
I have a 2006 Suzuki DF140 with a strange problem. It will run well at 2000RPMs, but as soon as I kick it up to 2600RPMs, it appears to be starving for fuel, as it drops back down to 1500. Without touching the throttle, it will go back to 2600RPMs for a few seconds and go back down. I have used fresh gas with Sea Foam, tapping from a 5gal tank, changed engine fuel filter, checked fuel line with primer bulb and even tried pumping the bulb when problem occurred. Not sure where to go from here. Is there another filter in the engine? Any ideas out there?

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
I would think a 4 stroke fuel injected motor would have many filters and screens . I am guessing this is a injected motor

monitoring fuel pressures will help

Zcaptain

Recruit
Thank you for your input. I didn't realize there could be another filter/strainer in the engine, other than the water separator.

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
Do you have a service manual? If not, send me a PM with your email address and I will send one to you. Dave

tommarvin

Ensign
We have twin 2002 mercury 115efi.
The fuel system works like this, fuel tank to a Yamaha mar-mini-il water separator, to a on motor fuel filter, to a vapor separator tank, clean tank and the screen just before the high pressure fuel filter, then remove the fuel injectors remove the filter on the end, make a adaptor to pulse cleaner through them its on you tube install a new fuel filter in the end of the fuel injector.

Zcaptain

Recruit
Do you have a service manual? If not, send me a PM with your email address and I will send one to you. Dave

Yes; I do have a manual and just learned of a fuel screen on the vapor separator and will look into this.

clanton

Rear Admiral
Why don`t you just check the fuel pressure between the injector and HP fuel filter.