Yamaha 15hp 4 stroke no start, random spark?

Trawler man

Cadet
I have a 2013 Yamaha 15hp 4 stroke that has been great. I removed it from my inflatable and left it on it's side for a week. When I reinstalled it it started right up by gave out a puff of funky smelling smoke, this lasted a few seconds then I drove it around. It ran great for about 5 minutes then it died sounding like it was starved of fuel. I guessed it was water in the gas so I pulled the carb, fuel pump, cleaned them and put new gas in it. it fired and died. It was seeping fuel around the fuel pump gasket so I replaced it. It would randomly fire and die so I replaced the spark plugs and had the same result. I then noticed gas coming out where the fuel line plugs onto the motor so I replaced that. The motor started immediately then died.
When I pull the rope I hear clicking so I messed with the shifter slightly. I could get the clicking to go away and a couple of times the motor started when I barely pulled the rope listening for the clicking, it would die right after. I tried starting fluid and it still seamed to be randomly firing.

Any ideas?

BoatsNBows

Recruit
I have a 2013 Yamaha 15hp 4 stroke that has been great. I removed it from my inflatable and left it on it's side for a week. When I reinstalled it it started right up by gave out a puff of funky smelling smoke, this lasted a few seconds then I drove it around. It ran great for about 5 minutes then it died sounding like it was starved of fuel. I guessed it was water in the gas so I pulled the carb, fuel pump, cleaned them and put new gas in it. it fired and died. It was seeping fuel around the fuel pump gasket so I replaced it. It would randomly fire and die so I replaced the spark plugs and had the same result. I then noticed gas coming out where the fuel line plugs onto the motor so I replaced that. The motor started immediately then died.
When I pull the rope I hear clicking so I messed with the shifter slightly. I could get the clicking to go away and a couple of times the motor started when I barely pulled the rope listening for the clicking, it would die right after. I tried starting fluid and it still seamed to be randomly firing.

Any ideas?

What side of the engine was laying down while stored?