99 2 Stroke DT200 Suzuki will not start at my wits end

marinegordon

Recruit
Good evening everyone!

Would just like to thank a lot of you as i have learned quit a bit about my motor which lead me to make the repairs i am about to list.

Brief history: Bought a 94 22' Mako with a 99 DT200 suzuki engine on it which is different than the 98 and prior years. Boat was sitting for 8 years as owner died and son sold boat when he came of age.

Initially the motor would turn over, not at full speed but decent had no spark at all in all 6 cylinders. Due to my research here i narrowed it down to the stator which i replaced, i also replaced the neutral safety switch as recommended. I have also tested the continuity of the kill switch below ignition and it tested good. after those repairs the flywheel was moving a bit faster and i got it to fire and start for about 30 seconds. I then turned it off as it was midnight. Next morning i started it, and it died out after about 15 seconds which i didnt have fuel connected to it. Now i cannot get it started i still have spark and am getting fuel as its running out the exhaust from attempts to start and priming.

i checked compression its 115PSI in all cylinders, i have spark although i feel like its not enough it would not even start with a squirt of starter fluid. so i'm at a point where i have no idea what it could be any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Marshall