DF150: fluctuating "engine voltage" on NMEA2000 gauge

jack daniels marine

Seaman Apprentice
The "engine voltage" reported via the NMEA2000 network and displayed on the Suzuki multi fuction instrument & and the Garmin GPSmap fluctuates from about 14.4 - 14.8 over a period of 5-10 seconds. It's the fluctuation Im concerned about not the voltage value.

I've installed a Blue Sea Systems voltmeter on the dashboard. The actual voltage displayed there is perfectly stable to 2 decimal places. Otherwise everything is ok and it runs just fine. No mater where I measure with a fluke, the voltage is stable.

Anyone with a Suzuki and NMEA 2000? how is the reported "engine voltage" ?

Last edited:

StingrayMike

Petty Officer 1st Class
I dont have a suzuki, but I think the NMEA is just more sensitive to the minor voltage fluctuation, dont get me wrong, blue seas make good products, but how it senses, or the changes could be different.
compare it 2 different types of fuel gages, one tends to follow angles quickly, but the other responds slower.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
jdm, if you can read good solid voltage readings with your Fluke meter, I wouldn't worry about it. Fluke meters are very good meters that respond very quickly to any voltage change. So I would only worry if you want rock solid meter readings from the other meters. JMHO