Yamaha 40hp dies

Zkeifer25

Recruit
I have a 1986 Yamaha 40hp 2 stroke on the back of my loan star. So far I've put a new fuel tank with line and primer bulb in, new fuel filter, rebuilt all 3 carbs, new plugs, and new plug boots.

I'll be cruising along at 4K rpm's when all the sudden I loose power and the engine slowly dies off until it shuts off I can't give it any more throttle and letting off throttle just kills it faster and pumping the primer bulb does nothing. And then when it finally does die I can't get it to start again it's like I lose ignition once it starts warming up. I work on cars so I know what it takes to make an engine run and when I was talking to a Yamaha dealer and suggested maybe power pack went bad or something else ignition related they treated me like I'm a moron and said you don't know for sure its that it could be not getting fuel is what they said even though I've done everything but a fuel pump to the fuel system. Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Zack

Zkeifer25

Recruit
On the water right now and I am not getting spark at all any way to test the power pack?