05 Suzuki DF 70 Charging Issue

Dynosaur

Recruit
New to the forum. I think I posted this in the wrong place originally. I have a 2005 Suzuki DF 70 that has large swings in the charging voltage. This is indicated on the console volt meter and at the battery with a meter. I have checked all wiring connections (clean and tight), I have a brand new battery fully charged. Before starting the engine the battery voltage was 12.6. After starting the battery voltage was 12.2. After about 30 seconds the volt meter would go to 14.4 then to 13.6 then to 12.5 then back to 14.4, etc. (again verified at the battery). Every time the voltage would go up you could hear the engine load up slightly. I see no deviation in the tach reading. It seems to be matching the engine rpm just fine. This voltage swing is not dependent on engine rpm. It acts the same at idle or 2000 rpms. I know it sounds like something is loose but everything is clean and tight. Could this be the Rectifier/Regulator failing? The engine only has about 70 hours on it. Thanks

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
RR would be my guess.
but a bad battery connection could cause problems also

Dynosaur

Recruit
Thats what I'm thinking also. I did some more ohm checks per the the shop manual and one of the readings was intermittent at best. I have ordered a new R/R. I'll let yall know how that works out once I get it and install it. Thanks,