Volvo Penta belt cross reference or look up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian 26

Chief Petty Officer
Does anyone have a cross reference for volvo penta belt #s or have a link to website where I can look up which good year belt I need (engine code and serial number in my signature)? The volvo parts dealer says the number that is written on the belt 3586326 doesn't come in their system.

Thanks

Outsider

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Volvo Penta belt cross reference or look up

Check with someone like O'Reilly Auto Parts. I had the VP numbers already (VP parts book for that year), and they cross-referenced easily. Not all belts are created equal, make sure you have the correct VP number from the beginning ... ;)

dacarter

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Don't forget Pepboys. They sell the Goodyear Gatorback belt. I had no luck at O'Reileys since there was no exact Gates xref, at least for my 5.7 belt. (stock belt 3860086, goodyear 4060995)

Brian 26

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks guys, I brought it into Orielly a few weeks back and they sold me some brand I had never heard of for $40.

Is it really just as simple as buying the right width and length?

chipmate

Recruit
I didn't try PEP Boys but O'Reilly spent the time and effort to help me out. 3888177 was the OEM number and they couldn't cross reference it so we measured the routing with a string and took a couple of belts to the boat and found the 78" fit perfectly.

CamaroMan

Petty Officer 1st Class
You need to match the teeth, VP uses a chevy sizing - 6pk.. from there the length is all that matters. Im hunting for a 3860086 cross reference, some of the ones ive found reference to 100" OC but i believe the VP one is 88"?

Status
Not open for further replies.