volvo 5.7 gsi warm start problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadge

Cadet
I have a volvo 5.7 gsi (1998 gary engine)
Starts great cold, once warmed up its hard to start and then runs rough for a few minutes. Any ideas

Bondo

Staff member
Re: volvo 5.7 gsi warm start problem

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... Sounds like it's Over/ Under fuelin',....

Is this an Efi motor,..??

Hadge

Cadet

I believe it is an efi , the engine is 5.7 gsi PLKD Part #3868624
We have called it a throttle body
I have been adjusting the float in the fuel reservoir and that has helped. I have adjusted it to hold less gas??
We thought possible a sensor was telling the fuel pumps that the engine was cold and sending to much fuel to the injectors.
Thanks for answering.

Fun Times

Staff member

Either way it is considered fuel injected. It very well could be your theory of a bad coolant sensor, bad MAT/MAP sensor that is located on the intake manifold. It could also be to much or little fuel pressure. You would have to test the fuel pressures to be sure.

Does the float seem to be fuel soaked? Here's your fuel system for reference if needed.
https://www.marinepartseurope.com/en/volvo-penta-explodedview-7797410-23-35353.aspx

Using your full model number 5.7GSIPLKD, you can find your parts in here. https://www.marinepartseurope.com/en/e-volvo-penta-912-5.7GSIPLKD.aspx

What speed does the engine idle at? both good and bad?

You may need to get yourself a marine scan tool from rinda technologies to help sort out the problem.

Big jackson

Recruit
On the Volvo penta motor. When it’s warm. Should you wait a couple beeps before turning over engine?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
On the Volvo penta motor. When it’s warm. Should you wait a couple beeps before turning over engine?

Please start a thread of your own and ID which V-P you have. This thread is over 4 years since the last reply.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.