volvo penta outdrive part numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

luckilu

Recruit
This is my first posting in iboats;great help. I have a 1994 3.0 L Volvo with penta SX out drive.The tag on the outdrive :
SX series;model 3868035;ratio 1.85:1;series 4112000762. When I go to the Volvo parts site at top of this page,I find SX-MHP;SX-M;SX-MTD and many more SX numbers, none match any I find on my boat. I have looked at several and they do not have the same gimbal bearing and seal configuration as mine. I also need to know if there should be a gasket between the gimbal housing and upper drive. Any help with diagrams for this outdrive with part numbers.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: volvo penta outdrive part numbers

Volvo Penta Marine Engine Parts and Accessories Online Store - Volvo Penta This is the Volvo parts.
Should answer any question.
Oh yea Welcome.
Fill out the profile,location.
The Volvos come with lots of numbers and letters.
Yours should start like 3.0GSLMK or some other letters.
We need them along with the drive info.
The 3.0 didn't have a 1.85 ratio maybe a 1.89?
Not saying there isin't a 1.85 I just can't find one???
I think the only seal is an o-ring around the water passage?

luckilu

Recruit
Re: volvo penta outdrive part numbers

Thanks for the quick reply jerryjerry05. engine tag:3.0 GL D-MMDA;next line;4110104031, 3868033
Tag on outdrive; Drive SX 185;4112000762, 3868035. Do I use the parts listed for SX M ?

About the lack of gasket between upper unit and gimbal ring, what prevents lake water from entering and going into U-joint/gimbal bearing bellows ? I will send photos if I can navigate the complexities described to attach a photo.

Colton90

Recruit
Looking for correct bearings, and bellows for mine, ones I ordered were not correct exhaust bellow has snap ring holding one end in place and hose clamp on other and upper one end is in housing looks to be held by pressure and hose clamp on other side closest to boat

Status
Not open for further replies.