volvo penta outdrive part numbers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• volvo penta outdrive part numbers

This is my first posting in iboats;great help. I have a 1994 3.0 L Volvo with penta SX out drive.The tag on the outdrive :
    SX series;model 3868035;ratio 1.85:1;series 4112000762. When I go to the Volvo parts site at top of this page,I find SX-MHP;SX-M;SX-MTD and many more SX numbers, none match any I find on my boat. I have looked at several and they do not have the same gimbal bearing and seal configuration as mine. I also need to know if there should be a gasket between the gimbal housing and upper drive. Any help with diagrams for this outdrive with part numbers.

Re: volvo penta outdrive part numbers

Volvo Penta Marine Engine Parts and Accessories Online Store - Volvo Penta This is the Volvo parts.
    Should answer any question.
    Oh yea Welcome.
    Fill out the profile,location.
    The Volvos come with lots of numbers and letters.
    Yours should start like 3.0GSLMK or some other letters.
    We need them along with the drive info.
    The 3.0 didn't have a 1.85 ratio maybe a 1.89?
    Not saying there isin't a 1.85 I just can't find one???
    I think the only seal is an o-ring around the water passage?

Buy American made Cars and Trucks!!!Towing insurance for a boat,a GREAT thing.
    ​Tools to make my life easier: Battery tester, die grinder, temp.gun, compression tester, DVA meter.

In Scenic , Beautiful San Sebastian by the sea Florida

88 Bayliner 21CC 2001 Mercury 225 HP EFI

PLEASE,NO PERSONAL MESSAGES IF THE QUESTION CAN BE ASKED ON THE OPEN FORUM I WON'T ANSWER AS MY SYSTEM CAN'T REPLY TO YOUR EMAILS

Comment

Re: volvo penta outdrive part numbers

Thanks for the quick reply jerryjerry05. engine tag:3.0 GL D-MMDA;next line;4110104031, 3868033
      Tag on outdrive; Drive SX 185;4112000762, 3868035. Do I use the parts listed for SX M ?

About the lack of gasket between upper unit and gimbal ring, what prevents lake water from entering and going into U-joint/gimbal bearing bellows ? I will send photos if I can navigate the complexities described to attach a photo.

Comment

Working...
      X