Volvo Penta 1999 wiring diagram 5.7 GSI

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkfe

Cadet
I recently had some work done to my panel which included removing all the panel gauges from my 1999 Parker. The fiberglass guy did not take too much care in labeling the wiring harness and now I have some issues with unknown wires not knowing where they go. Does someone have a wiring diagram for this engine... I would appreciate it. Paul

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Volvo Penta 1999 wiring diagram 5.7 GSI

The engine wiring diagram will be of no help for the instrument panel, below is how the instruments are wired, but they have nothing to do with any of the accessories of your boat, only the Volvo harness.

View attachment Helm.pdf

monkfe

Cadet
Re: Volvo Penta 1999 wiring diagram 5.7 GSI

Thanks Don, that was of great help. I replaced my instruments with the Chetco Digital unit, so all the old wires had to be attached to the new wiring harness. The diagram was a little off, but had all the necessary wire pin outs I needed to finish it off. Paul

dricouard

Recruit
I'm new to the forum. I have the same engine as monkfe, but I'm having an issue not getting power to my fuel pumps when the ignition key is in the on position. If I turn the key to start the starter will crank but the engine will not start. Luckily I have twin engines to help with trouble shooting. It appears that with the key in the on position I'm supposed to see 12v at pins 22 and 32 on the J2 connector at the ECM but I'm not getting voltage there. I'm having difficulties finding a cable wiring diagram for my engine where the wire colors to pins match. Without a good diagram I will have to start stripping the cover off my harness which might prove to be difficult due the way it is routed. Does anyone have a good wiring diagram for the Volvo Penta 5.7 GSI? I have the supplement to 7743244 but the pin locations do not match what I have on my motor.

Thanks
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.