Help with part number for 98 Volvo Penta 3.0 SX Cobra

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with part number for 98 Volvo Penta 3.0 SX Cobra

The wires going to my tilt/trim sensor were corroded off at the sensor when I bought the boat. I would like to replace the sensor but can not determine the part number. It is a two wire sensor. The date plate is missing from the engine so I can not determine the exact model but by the process of elimination I believe it is a 3.0 GSM. It's hard to tell but the pictures of part # 3594989 appear to match. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Help with part number for 98 Volvo Penta 3.0 SX Cobra

That should be looked up using the drive model not the engines. Get the full model # of your drive off of the tag on it and use the drive & transmission parts tab here

Comment

Originally posted by nitwhit View Post
      That should be looked up using the drive model not the engines. Get the full model # of your drive off of the tag on it and use the drive & transmission parts tab here
      If I had a data plate on my lower I could do that, unfortunately it does not have a plate and I can not find a model other than the SX Cobra designation which I know is not the model number.

Comment

http://www.iboats.com/Trim-Sender/dm...view_id.444011
        Don S.

Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
        That is what the forums are for.
        Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

Comment

This appears to be a 3-wire sender. The one I have is a two wire. I did find number 3855074 stamped into the part that is in there now. I also found that some info on the drive: Volvo Prod 3868895, Model SX-M, Ratio 1.97, and then it has the number 4112051815

Comment

Working...
          X