1999 Volvo Penta SX 4.3GL PWTR alternator wiring schematics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsbyers1

Recruit
Looking for assistance locating detailed alternator wiring schematics after new engine install and poor quality photos taken of same wiring... I have already looked through the "stickies" at the top of the forum but Volvo service manuals and web-site have little to no information. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

1999 4.3GL PWTR, 4110175251, SERIAL #3868941

Thanks in advance,
James

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1999 Volvo Penta SX 4.3GL PWTR alternator wiring schematics?

This should cover it. Purple white goes to the choke, green to fuel pump relay, orange to starter, purple to ignition, black to ground.

Alt wiring.jpg

jsbyers1

Recruit

Thanks Don! I will try that once it stops raining!

James

sallyhoohoo

Recruit

you said purplewhite wire goes to choke from alternator and green to fuel pump relay and orange to starter purple to ignition and black to ground well i need to know which terminals on the alternator go to which wires

sallyhoohoo

Recruit

don s says that on an alternator the purple white goes to choke and green goes to fuel pump relay and orange to starter and purple to ignition and black to ground well i need to know which terminals each comes off of the alternator at please

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

You need to start your own thread, and include your engine information.

Hean10

Recruit
Hi Guys, I found this thread useful as I’ve had the same issue as above with a poor engine rebuild. Thanks for the diagram.
furthermore, After wiring the alternator as above I am not getting any voltage from the poles for the choke, fuel pump power supply or ignition as above. (Is this the Rev counter supply?) any suggestions as to why the alternator wouldn’t have voltage on any of the poles other than the battery connection? Obviously I’ve been running the engine while testing for voltage. Many thanks in advance.
no marking in the engine for an exact model but it’s a Volvo Penta 5.0L GL v8 in a 1999 Regal Ventura 6.8

Status
Not open for further replies.