volvo penta aq125 parts diagram

Pin Stryper

Cadet
I just bought a SELOC repair manual and it doesn't have a parts list or parts id #. I'm looking for a replacement part for the strainer for the top of the heat exchanger. Can someone tell me how to get this part or send a diagram of what this area looks like? VOLVO PENTA AQ125 270 <br /><br />Thank You!

trebor0301

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: volvo penta aq125 parts diagram

If you have a Volvo repair shop you can order can order a new one but it will cost you somewhere around $$ 175.00 $$ .I was lucky enough to have the guy at the marina sell me a used one for $75. I have seen them on ebay.com every so often as well.Check under Boat parts and then go under Volvo penta.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Looks like we have the same engine.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Do you have an AQ125 A or B?

Pin Stryper

Cadet

Sorry! but its a VOLVO-PENTA AQ125A 270. I was able to find the strainer housing part #831909 but i still need some type of diagram or picture that shows how everything bolts together.

Pin Stryper

Cadet

SAMAGEE, Can you take a pic of that area and email it to me? (smeach860@yahoo.com)I greatly appreciate your help.

trebor0301

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey Pin I just replaced the strainer housing on an AQ125A motor.Maybe I can help you through this job.The picture doesn't show it but there are two flanges (I think 3/4 inch)that run to the housing.They both have O-rings(#13)Yes you will need TWO of them.Then you will need a sealing ring(#10)As you can see the diagram shows #10 slides over the spacer sleeve (#11).Now this is what to do.First,Slide #10 over #11. Now apply some dish soap for lubrication on to #10 sealing ring.Now try to slide housing onto #10.(I had to wiggle it back and forth).You will need the housing to get flush to the exchanger cover for a proper fit.When thats done be sure everything else that needs connected is lined up.You will see what I mean! Dont forget to use those #13 o-rings.Use gasket sealant to help from leaking on both 3/4 pipe flanges on the water line.This is a winded reply but it will save you a lot of grief.

Pin Stryper

Cadet

I'm waiting for the parts to arrive. you've all been very helpful.<br /><br />THANK YOU!!