VOLVO PENTA - AQ131 vs. VOLVO B230

avalentine1

Cadet
I happen to be a Volvo Freak and im extremely familiar with the auto engines( Super Reliable. I just aquired a project boat and the engine may require replacing, its a volvo AQ131. It looks exactly like a Volvo B230 used in Volvo from the 200 series all the way to late 95. The only differences I see are the Cooling systems used for a boat motor and a carb. Could I used the Volvo car engine in the boat with the fuel injection equipment. Will the motor match up with the outdrive. Any ifo would help! <br />Thanks in advance.<br />alfredo

whywhyzed

Banned
Re: VOLVO PENTA - AQ131 vs. VOLVO B230

The fuel injection would be a serious safety issue in a boat. <br />The camshaft and core plugs are probably the only marine swaps to make to a bare automotive engine compatible, then you swap everything from the marine engine (including the bellhousing I would think)<br />If you are a volvo freak, you would probably like to see my 1964 AQ180 with the twin carb 3.6L Volvo B36 V8 <br />There's a short video of me running it here:<br /> http://www.leopardmotor.com/volvo_b_36_v8.htm <br />the last video- bottom of page

avalentine1

Cadet
Re: VOLVO PENTA - AQ131 vs. VOLVO B230

thanks for the info. just to add to that the only other difference that i found was that volvo has a P-cam low speed High torque in the AQ 131. off to get a motor. thanks<br />Nice engine. Volvo maybe never made the Most powerful engines in the world but if you car for them theyll out live you!