Volvo Duo-Prop

KennyKenCan

Commander
I have just recently purchased a new boat, a 1991 Regal 270 Commodore with a 7.4L Volvo Duo-Prop, and was wondering if anyone has had any good or bad experiences with this drive.<br /><br />Have had Volvo drives in the past, and I actually perfer them to MercCruiser and OMC drives.<br /><br />Just wondering if anyone has anything to say about them is all...

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Volvo Duo-Prop

I've heard Nothing Bad,.........And Wish You the Best Luck with it.......... ;) <br /><br />I prefer the Black 1s Myself........

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

as long as the monkeys have not grabbed it and done a strawman trick your good. the dou-prop is a solid drive and will last a long time with normal care and maint. but like dorothy and her intrepid band, ya gotta beware the monkeys.

Doug Durako

Chief Petty Officer

KKC---get the props off and get some grease on the shafts. Search this post for all the guys who have had to "cut" off volvo dual props---I think this mostly happens with the steel ones welding themselves to the shaft.

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer

As per ddboater, Get the props off and grease the shafts you cant do it to often. Other than that only heard good things about them. Love the Regal boats as well shame mine a good few feet shorter.

KennyKenCan

Commander

Thanks to all who responded, I appreciate your opinions on this matter.<br /><br />Guess all I need to do, is buy alot of grease! :D <br /><br />The props were off of the drive, so at least I know there not fused on!<br /><br />
f427d81e.jpg
<br /><br />
f427d731.jpg
<br /><br />
f427d53c.jpg
<br /><br />Took this boat for the sea-trail yesterday, and finalized the sale. Boat ran really nice, except it took forever to get up on plane without the Trim-Tabs (broken). Many things didn't work, like the Windlass, A/C Cooling Pump, and Navigation Lights, but the Marine Surveyor I hired pointed all these deficiencies out, and the dealer and the previous owner agreed to make the repairs, so when I get it, it will all be repaired, so all I have to do is prep it for the water.<br /><br />Boat is in the Bronx, NY, where I purchased it from a dealer, and after all the repairs are made, it will be shipped to my marina, Vanderbilts Wharf on Long Island, on May 20th!<br /><br />Now I feel like a little boy waiting for Christmas morning...