Looking for Volvo tilt lock parts??

f_inscreenname

Commander
I hit a log yesterday with the drive (volvo 270) and broke my tilt lock. Didn't hurt the drive but the 32 year old lock was forced open against its will snapping a bolt and letting a couple pieces sink to the bottom of the bay. I have done a couple searches in the usual places and came with nothing. The parts I need are #’s 4,5,7,8 in the top picture in the link. http://www.marinemechanic.com/volvo/tilt_lock_1.htm <br />Any help??? Have a old 270 in the back of the shed? Without it I am kind of done for the year. HELP!!!!!

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Looking for Volvo tilt lock parts??

Check with your local Volvo dealer. They have kits that replace all the parts you listed for repairing the reverse lock. You also need to check the adjustment on the reverse lock mechanism. It shouln't have been in the locked position while in forward.<br />The one on your old 270 is the same thing.

f_inscreenname

Commander

That is why there is movement (forward and back) at the lock. In gear there is a little forward movement to push the rod that unlocks it in case the drive hits something. I have to readjust the rod anyway . When the drive came back down it crushed the adjusting sleeve. <br /> Is there any tricks to take the lock apart?<br /> Thanks Mark

f_inscreenname

Commander

Thanks I just looked up the parts on there site. Some where around $150.00. Little to much money for me. I think I may have to take a trip to the junk yard. I hate to do it. The guy is a crook and I hate dealing with someone like that. The worst thing I have been dealing with him for years. have to , he is the only game in town.