Volvo repair facility southern Ontario.

orion208

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Can someone suggest a repair facility in the Hamilton area for Volvo-Penta outdrive.I checked with Dundas they wont touch anything over 10 years old.Thanks

jawzzy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Volvo repair facility southern Ontario.

you mean Dundas Marine? I didn't get that when I inquired, but I wasn't quite willing to accept their fees yet. I'm still looking too for someone in the area. I noticed that the new marine place (name escapes me right now) on the Northservice Rd near Stoney CK/Grimsby has a sign for Volvo Penta. I may give them a call, but right now I'm working on a # for a "guy" who comes to your house to do the repairs if you want, but we'll see once I check him out. If it turns out good, I'll pass it on. <br />Depending on the part, I think I've found a supply close in Toronto. They deal mostly with the volvo/omc cobra sx drives, but I think alot of the basic parts (bellows) may be the same. I'll be working on that one too.

orion208

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks jawzzy,keep me posted.I think the place your talking about is at fifty point marina,they seem to be doing a lot there lately.

jawzzy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I will, but it's not 50 PT marina. This is a new one RIGHT on the service rd I see when travelling the QEW, I just can't remember the name right now, but I'll try and find out.

jawzzy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

OK, I visited the marine dealer today, and it's FMC Marine (the Knotical Shop) on the Norh Service Rd at Fifty Road. And they beat Dundas Marine's prices by quite abit. <br />No luck on the other phone # yet, so you may want to give them a call. He ballparked me about $500CDN for the whole bellows/gimbal/etc kit and labour, NOT BAD:)

orion208

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks jawzzy a will definately be checking that place out,price sound good too,was that price for a Volvo drive??.

mattie_k

Cadet

Try Pier Pressure marine in St.Catharines. They do it all.

jawzzy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Originally posted by Star Baby:<br /> Thanks jawzzy a will definately be checking that place out,price sound good too,was that price for a Volvo drive??.
Yep, a 1993 duoprop:)

jawzzy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well, the "guy" only does merc's out of Oakville, so I've booked my appointment with FMC for the 28th. I'll let ya know how they are when done if you haven't found out yourself all ready.

orion208

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks Jawzzy,it sounds like that will be the place for me too.

orion208

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well Jawzzy,how did your appointment with FMC work out? Star

jawzzy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sorry for the delay, but I just picked it up yesterday. I told them there was no hurry:)<br />They replaced the bellows, and that was all it needed. The ujoints were fine, as was the gimbal bearing, and the mechanic saw no need in replacing parts that didn't need to be. Saved me around $200 on that one. They also acid washed and anti fouled the haul, filled and repaired ALL my gelgoat holes and cracks, removed my props for me, free:), and I was very pleased with the final price, and the service. I'll definitely be going back there for any work. <br />If you haven't made an appointment, I would recommend them in a minute. They also referred me to a guy to put my #'s and name on the boat, also at a very reasonable price, and it was great work too!!

orion208

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks Jawzzy,sounds like you made out allright it's nice to find a place you can trust,that's the place for me.