volvo ignition

CHUCKR

Cadet
I have a 1988 Volvo 131 4 cyl,it has a points type<br />ignition system,I would like to go electronic type<br />Do I have any options?

f_inscreenname

Commander
Re: volvo ignition

Pertronix is the way to go. About $75.00 and a hour of work and your done. Had mine for two years. It is really nice not to have to deal with points and as most here will tell you it will improve the way your motor starts and runs.

CHUCKR

Cadet

I just got an email they said no application for my distributor.the # I could make out are 023 1278 019.Can anyone tell if these are the right #s??As stated before this is a 1988 Berretta<br />open bow with a 131 4 cyl engine and penta out drive.The distributor looks like a bousch.

placebo

Seaman

Chuck, I have a 1972 Volvo 6 cylinder. I found a Crane electronic ignition unit that fits my Bosch dist. Check Crane's website, or it can be had from IPD Volvo performance parts(www.ipdusa.com)<br /><br />Hope this helps,<br /><br />David

CHUCKR

Cadet

Thanks for the advise,I talked to 3 differnent companys that told me a distributor and electric ingition were not availible for my boat.So I called Pertronix direct and they had a kit for Bousch dristributors the part # is 2842 incase<br />any one needs it thanks again......

Larry S

Cadet

CHUCKR<br />I also have an AQ 131 and would like to know how you make out with the Pertronix ignition. I don't get to use my boat much and it seems to never want to start after sitting idle for 3 weeks.