Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines-405/
See more
See less

Bench test fuel pump off Volvo Penta 5.7GSi/SX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bench test fuel pump off Volvo Penta 5.7GSi/SX

My boat always starts great. It ran fine yesterday until I was ready to start it for another run. It turns over great, but seems like it's not getting fuel. I can hear and feel the low pressure fuel pump come on with the switch. I've cracked the fuel lines and can see fuel being pushed through the system from the low pressure pump. I don't hear or feel the high pressure pump kick on with the switch, but wasn't sure if the high pressure pump was supposed to come on until the fuel system called for that extra pump. The boat will not start. I can remove the high pressure pump pretty easy, but wasn't sure how to do a bench test before ordering a replacement pump. Any help would be appreiciated. You can see my fuel system at the link below. Part # 20 is my high pressure pump (in question) and part #43 is my low pressure fuel pump that seems to be working. Thanks!! Chris

http://www.volvopentastore.com/FUEL-...view_id.312637

Re: Bench test fuel pump off Volvo Penta 5.7GSi/SX

unplug the HP pump. hook one jumper lead to the black pump wire to ground and another from the red lead to a 12V positive.
    pump r uns or its dead.
    only time the HP pump is needed is to run.
    no tech questions by PM, they wont get answered.
    you have to be trusted by the people that you lie to .

Comment

Working...
    X