Bench test fuel pump off Volvo Penta 5.7GSi/SX

chrisbarnhardt

Recruit
My boat always starts great. It ran fine yesterday until I was ready to start it for another run. It turns over great, but seems like it's not getting fuel. I can hear and feel the low pressure fuel pump come on with the switch. I've cracked the fuel lines and can see fuel being pushed through the system from the low pressure pump. I don't hear or feel the high pressure pump kick on with the switch, but wasn't sure if the high pressure pump was supposed to come on until the fuel system called for that extra pump. The boat will not start. I can remove the high pressure pump pretty easy, but wasn't sure how to do a bench test before ordering a replacement pump. Any help would be appreiciated. You can see my fuel system at the link below. Part # 20 is my high pressure pump (in question) and part #43 is my low pressure fuel pump that seems to be working. Thanks!! Chris

http://www.volvopentastore.com/FUEL...*****.606899161--store_id.366--view_id.312637

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Bench test fuel pump off Volvo Penta 5.7GSi/SX

unplug the HP pump. hook one jumper lead to the black pump wire to ground and another from the red lead to a 12V positive.
pump r uns or its dead.
only time the HP pump is needed is to run.